Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dan at the "twig castle"



I found this photo (actually, it's a combination of two photos) in my files, and I find it hard to believe it's been seven years since I took it (or them). Dan Berger is seen here posing with what I liked to call the "twig castle" on the grounds of Smith College in Northampton. This "castle" was a fantastical structure built, I believe, as a kind of art installation. It was wrought entirely of bent and twisted branches, and you could walk in and out of its various sections. Unfortunately, it was only there for part of the year -- I would have liked to have seen what would have happened to it if left for a long time. In the short time that it was there, other plants had already started growing on it. -- PL

6 comments:

  1. Could you walk up on the second floor or was the window just for looks. That's really creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -->> ..looks like out of the 3 little pigs !!

    >v<

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this! I believe I had my picture taken at it with Maria Megnin by a good friend in my favortie hobbit coat! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. " Summer said...
    Could you walk up on the second floor or was the window just for looks. That's really creative."

    Unfortunately, you could only walk around on the "ground" floor. But it was neat to go inside the castle and look up to the higher level -- the play of light and shadow was quite lovely. -- PL

    ReplyDelete
  5. " Sarah The Anime Librarian said...
    I remember this! I believe I had my picture taken at it with Maria Megnin by a good friend in my favortie hobbit coat! LOL"

    I think I've seen that photo! -- PL

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sort of reminds me of the Gorg castle from Fraggle Rock...

    ReplyDelete