Monday, October 13, 2008

Blast from the Past repost #22: proposed portfolio cover pencils

Sometime in the late 1980's or early 1990's, I penciled this for the cover for a TMNT portfolio (for which I was planning to draw all the art) which never happened. Bummer... I kind of like those letter forms. (As you might guess, I was trying to go for a Will Eisner "Spirit"-type effect with this "architectural" lettering.)



I think I still have some of the unfiinished artwork which was to have been in this portfolio -- I'll try to find it for a future "Blast From The Past". -- PL

5 comments:

  1. -->> ..so including the one recently for sale online via Dan and the Ninja Turtles . com .. and the ones from the late 80s early 90s ..so there have only been 3 portfolios actually released ??

    Appears including this one and the 'Gorefolio' .. i guess that's 2 that never made it.

    >v<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, and the Spirit inluance is just wonderful. I love eisner, and THE SPIRIT was my favorite of his stuff. Have you seen the Darwyne Cook run of his book? Its wonderful! (Cook also did one of my faves from DC in eyars: DC THE NEW FRONTIER

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your this post while searching for some related information on blog search. Its a good post, keep posting and update the information. 바카라사이트

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really happy found this website eventually. Really informative. 바카라사이트

    ReplyDelete